Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with strange blobs/calibration

Posted by coredump 
Help with strange blobs/calibration
January 23, 2018 11:47PM
So I got my corexy assembled a couple months ago but was traveling and only now I can take care of some issues.

I am unsure if that's a lack of alignment, or wrong belt tension or something else, but I can't get to get rid of those 'ghosts' that happen:

It was suggested it could be speed/velocity/jek, but I loweed them and seems to have incrased the problem.

Any idea for me to test, thanks in advance!
Re: Help with strange blobs/calibration
January 24, 2018 03:10AM
The ringing got worse when printing with slower parameters can only mean, there is too much backlash in the belts.
January 26, 2018 12:15AM
o_lampe
The ringing got worse when printing with slower parameters can only mean, there is too much backlash in the belts.

Hello! So I found some backlash on a badly screwed pulley, and also tensioned my belts as much as I could. It got better, but still super weird:

I changed settings on the firmware and tried speed differences and motor currents and etc. Still at a loss.

If anyone wants to take a look at my duet config: [gist.github.com]

PS:

Printed the same cube with a 50% reduction on speed (via the duet interface) and the rings happen at the same place, but less pronounced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2018 12:43AM by coredump.
January 26, 2018 03:20AM
I see no more ringing, but maybe you can finetune your extruder retraction? The horizontal lines seems like underextrusion to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2018 03:21AM by o_lampe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login