Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 point leveling build plate for CoreXY..

Posted by ampapa 
3 point leveling build plate for CoreXY..
April 01, 2018 08:14AM
I was working on an idea/design for a new build plate support for my CoreXY and wanted some feedback, thoughts or suggestions?.

My intent is to bend the support structure from aluminum 5m / 3/16 or thicker. I'm not sure if I can get an accurate bend on thicker material heck I'm not sure if I can get an accurate bend on thinner material...

ampapa,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 08:15AM by ampapa.
Re: 3 point leveling build plate for CoreXY..
April 01, 2018 08:37AM
I don't know about bending aluminum, but my CubeX Duo uses a similar structure (and size) and it is cantilevered. The end of the bed opposite the Z axis guide rails bounces crazily if I try to print or move faster than 40mm/sec.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
April 01, 2018 09:10AM
hmmm ... yeah I was thinking that while I was drawing it.

I think this is a picture of the CubeX?

I was thinking a little beefier.. this is from E3D's new concept and Thomas Sanladerer's interview. That plate is thick but lacks a 3 point design...

The only way to avoid it is to go with a setup similar to yours where the rails face each other on the Z axis.

ampapa,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 09:10AM by ampapa.
April 01, 2018 01:20PM
I think E3D's design uses a PCB bed heater and glass build plate. If that's the case, 4-point is probably better than 3-point in this instance. But cast aluminium tool plate with a silicone heater and 3-point support would probably be better, if the cantilevered design can take the additional weight.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login