Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Only one motor moves

Posted by Kutulu 
Only one motor moves
April 23, 2018 06:27AM
Hello all,

I´ve almost finished my hypercube evolution but whether the printer is homing or i move one axis manually, its always only one motor thats moving, when i switch connections its the other motor thats moving and it homes in the other direction. It also doesnt matter whether i try to move the x axis manually or the y axis, the movement is the same. (same motor, same direction). The only time it moves a very very small amount is when the axis is at 0 mm and i start to move it manually but after that its only one motor that is moving.

Firmware: Marlin 1.1.8
Mainboard: GT2560
stepper drivers: A4988
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (64.8 KB)
Re: Only one motor moves
April 23, 2018 08:57AM
I'm not familiar with Marlin, but it sounds like you need to tell it that you're using coreXY architecture.

Some of the info here may be useful to you: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
April 24, 2018 03:17AM
Ive followed the guide and set the origin to front left. Ive also realised that when one endstop is triggered, both motors work in order to get to the other endstop which is not the case when no endstop is triggered. Why is one motor still not moving even when i upload a gcode file, can someone help me with this?
April 25, 2018 03:09AM
Sound like you haven't homed the printer, before you tried to move the axis?
On CoreXY you have to home each axis individually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2018 03:10AM by o_lampe.
April 25, 2018 03:15AM
Homing the axis before moving it doesnt change anything. Even while homing only one motor is moving aand it moves diagonally
April 25, 2018 03:52AM
Do you have a good power supply or just a 12V wall socket charger?
April 25, 2018 04:03AM
Ive used the old components from my prusa i3 pro b and it came with a 12v power supply
April 25, 2018 12:55PM
ive installed the bugfix version now and in the beginnig it worked fine but now its again only one motor thats working but it worked fine with repetier firmware but im not fimiliar with repetier firmware thats why i would like to continue to use marlin.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2018 01:20PM by Kutulu.
April 26, 2018 02:45AM
What happens when you remove the belts and let the stepper run freely?
Maybe your motors don't get enough current from the drivers? See. Vref tuning
April 26, 2018 11:48AM
thanks o__lampe
after i pressed on the potentiometer with my finger or the multimeter, it suddenly worked but only for a small amount of time, ive swapped the motor driver with the one from the extruder and at least the axis is working flawlessly, i wanted to get some tc2130 drivers anyway.

But after I installed the firmware again, my z probe (capacitive) isnt working, ive had this problem for a long time now and somehow i got it to work but now it doesnt trigger at all so i measured the voltage between the signal and ground pin, when not triggered its 4.86V and when triggered its around 3V and therefore not enough of a voltage drop to trigger the endstop, how can i make the voltage drop even more??
April 28, 2018 03:50AM
There are 4 different probe types possible. NPN or PNP, NC or NO contact?
They require different ways to make them work.
What does the label say on your probe?

BTW, I had a capacitive probe, which was mounted close to the extruder motor. When the motor was ON, the probe didn't work anymore.

April 28, 2018 04:10AM
Its NPN and im using a bowden system.
April 29, 2018 02:39AM
NPN-NO or NPN-NC? That's an important difference.
April 30, 2018 09:25AM
It is normally open

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2018 03:41PM by Kutulu.
May 01, 2018 04:18AM
I think its in a floating state because sometimes i got a triggered endstop but very very rarely. When i measure the voltage between the signal and ground it shows 3.02V and 4.86V when not triggered. Why doesnt it drop to 0V like my normal endstop?
May 01, 2018 06:42AM
A Normally Open sensor needs a pullup resistor ( enable internal pullup in FW ) and switches to GND.
May 01, 2018 08:08AM
i´ve enabled pullup resistor on z min and z probe, switches are on ground.
Still doesnt work.
May 04, 2018 12:35PM
Okay i think this is it, the probe works if i completely disable endstoppullups in marlin but then my other sensors dont work right and if i enable endstoppullups the probe doesnt work anymore even if its not the endstoppullup for z_min. So now ive enabled endstoppullups for x_min and y_min and attached a 50kohm pulldown resistor and it works fine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login