Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My 3d printer (work in progress)

Posted by DocRaptor 
Re: My 3d printer (work in progress)
May 30, 2018 09:22AM
Here is an update of the files of version 2 of the printer:
- Added files for 13mm bushings.
- Part of the z axis assembly using a M8 lead screw with 608 ball bearing instead of M6 without any ball bearings (5mm to 8mm shaft couplings are more common than 5mm to 6mm shaft couplings and 608 ball bearing are also used in skateboards)
Attachments:
open | download - printer.zip (9.3 KB)
June 02, 2018 12:12PM
Here is the next update of the files of version 2 of the printer:
- Excluded the parts of the printer, which are the same on every bushingsize, and put them in to the file universal.
- Pulleymounts corrected.
- Upper z-axis mount corrected.
- Added lower z-axis mount with Nema 17 stepper motor mount for this axis.
Attachments:
open | download - printer.zip (5.8 KB)
June 02, 2018 10:51PM
zips no good for forums
June 03, 2018 06:43AM
Qdeathstar
zips no good for forums

What do you recomend?
January 21, 2019 06:58AM
After a long time no post here in this topic here from me I'm back with a new "update" for the printer. It isn't really an update because I designed most of it from the groundup new. It now a corexy design (h-bot was to problematic), lm8uu and lm8luu linear bearing are now used and a lot of other little and big things. I currently testmounting it in a mdf box (as a chassis) for testing and making the svg and dxf files for the chassis (i think of 6mm or 6,5mm multiplex). And as you can see a it has an name now. Tutorial how to mount everything will follow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2019 06:59AM by DocRaptor.
Attachments:
open | download - 3d printer microraptor.zip (8.3 KB)
February 01, 2019 06:57AM
Some parts are tested now, others not. I corrected a few things. Here are the new files, now with the dxf-files for lasercutting the chassis with 6mm material (multiplex or mdf). But these are not tested now.
Attachments:
open | download - 3d printer microraptor.zip (27.5 KB)
February 02, 2019 04:39PM
Perhaps if you want comments
post a couple of jpegs of your design

No one likes to unzip a bunch of scad files
and open them up to look at

confused smiley
February 03, 2019 05:20AM
Currently I am in the making of the making of a fully pictured guide how to mount everything (what goes where, which bolts and cable ties ...), but it will take some time to do it. Also the lasercutted parts need to be orderd and made.
July 02, 2019 05:31AM
Hi to everyone,
after a long time and a lot of tweaking and changing (again) and fixing problems I got it working in a test (dry rum, I orderd a new powersupply because the old one wasn't powerfull enough for the heatbed).
You can download the files here (this will be the last time I upload them here) and in the future under a website I reused for this: mad-devs.de . I will also post there the build guide for the 3d printer (pictured).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2019 01:44PM by DocRaptor.
Attachments:
open | download - 3d printer Microraptor MK1.zip (31.1 KB)
July 08, 2019 05:30PM
DocRaptor
After some calibration I got it working. The prints, well let us say they aren't the best, but I can work with them. I started to print some mounts for 8mm aluminum tube profiles. These parts will mount to the axis mounts to reinforce the printer. I upload this part. Also I upload some of the files of new parts for version 2 of the printer. This includes: Axis mounts with integrated 8mm tube profiles mounts for reinforcing, corected belt pulley mounts with offset for 4x8x3 mm ball bearings to be used as pulleymounts, axis bearing and linear guide mount in the version for 12mm bushing and 10mm bushing, stronger mounting points for 4x8x3 mm ball bearings to be used as return pulleys, and corner pices for the bottom under the printer with integrated 8mm tube profiles mounts for reinforcing, which also provides mounting points for a controllpanel and an ac socket.

You'll have to show us some "trophies". It is cooler because you did it yourself and you'll learn a lot. My first printer was a kit, my second printer was scratch built using a CAD step file a friend gave me of his design. I have hacked and improved it over and over again based on what I have learned on these lists.
And learned things NOT to do as well. eye rolling smiley

have fun,
DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
July 08, 2019 05:50PM
It's really hard to muster any enthusiasm for this thing if you don't post some photos, either here or on the web site...

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
December 31, 2019 06:24PM
Hi to everyone,
the missing of Photos and posts is because I had (and still have) problems with the z-axis. The printer printed one Test-piece fine, but after this print it doesn't want to work. The z-axis doesn't want to move correct. It skips a lot of steps now (especially by low speeds). It's more like stuck. In the beginning it I used an M8 threaded rod made out of zink coated steel, wich I swapped for an stainless steel one. Still doesn't want to work. I fitted it with an TR8 Spindle. Still doesn't want to work. I tried tmc2130 stepperdrive instead of the allegro ones. Still doesn't want to work. Set the current on the tmc2130 on 1.2 A and run them in Spread cycle. Still doesn't want to work. Reduced the weigth on the z-Axis in many ways possible. Still doesn't want to work.

I decided to give up on this printer and start from scratch and use on it what I learned on this one.

I do not recommend it design a 3d printer based on these files

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2019 06:40PM by DocRaptor.
December 31, 2019 08:13PM
Before you give up on it and start over, post some photos so we can see it and we might be able to offer suggestions that will help you get it working.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
January 08, 2020 01:25PM
John Harrison was a carpenter who build his H1 clock in 1735.
A clock maker that showed precision could be done by hand tools
and he went on to get Longitude prize.

[www.rmg.co.uk]

One of his clocks has been running with great accuracy for 300 years

He taught his neighbors to file gear teeth and produce gears

So .... a lot can be done with simple tools to make a great project

Also design, design, design

confused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login