Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing anomoly

Posted by ruggb 
Printing anomoly
July 13, 2018 08:36AM
Can someone explain this? Picture is of 1st layer (0.25) being printed. It started at the right front corner and went to the rear right corner. Then came back to finish the left side printing to the left. Printing to the right is rough, printing to the left is VERY smooth. 2nd layer (0.15) is printing smooth going over rough 1st layer to the right, and not so smooth printing to the left. It appears like the motor that is stepping lines going to the left (moving the head towards it) it not stepping the same distance and causing the lines to be too close together. But there is no gap at the end so the slicer seems to be in control. If it were a mechanical issue, I would expect there to be a gap with all those lines being too close.
CoreXY, Slic3r, 0.4 nozzle, 20mm/sec 1st layer, 50mm/sec 2+.

Re: Printing anomoly
July 13, 2018 10:22AM
i think your bed is slightly lower in the “rough” part, and the nozzle is getting dragged through the filament..
July 13, 2018 10:38AM
really! with that sharp a line exactly where it started printing in the opposite direction.
It is a piece of glass from a printer/scanner.
it is on a MIC6 bed

I don't think so.
July 13, 2018 02:04PM
I'd say your stepper motor skilled steps on the first layer. either cause it hit something or just cause the settings arent right yet. it looks like it started with the layers far to close to the bed then skipped steps & landed at a better print high.
July 13, 2018 05:08PM
good answer, except that it does it on every layer and switches the motors that it does it on at exactly the same time when going in the opposite direction.
July 14, 2018 01:22AM
It is hard to tell in the picture, but it almost looks like the print is coming off the glass on the right side. If that is the case, it will drag head across the already printed area.

-os3dp
July 14, 2018 08:28AM
If the bed were tilting to the right and left as it moves up it could cause this sort of problem. Does the Z axis work smoothly?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
July 14, 2018 09:55AM
I'd say your nozzle isn't exactly vertical. When you print, the filament squishes up on one side. Then it depends, whether the squished-up part get's ironed out by the nozzle during the next track or not.
July 14, 2018 04:41PM
o_lampe
I'd say your nozzle isn't exactly vertical. When you print, the filament squishes up on one side. Then it depends, whether the squished-up part get's ironed out by the nozzle during the next track or not.

Funny you should mention that, I was just thinking the same thing. ESP.........
Do you have any idea how to determine that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login