Not a 3d printer and not a COREXY
December 12, 2018 11:13AM
So why here?

Well, it is a variation of h-bot and it does, in fact, share the same kinematics as COREXY. We have seen that already called as Core-T by some (see Jason McMullan's design )

Mine is a vertical drawing machine based in the same principle. Using the usual suspects: printed parts, threaded rods, 8mm rods, LM8UU bearings and stepper motors and a microservo.
Re: Not a 3d printer and not a COREXY
December 12, 2018 12:45PM
Interesting- do you find that the pen wobbles when it's down at the bottom of the Y axis?
How fast can you run it?
Does the whole thing fold up for compact transport?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
December 12, 2018 01:11PM
Interesting indeed.

Now you program it to draw the Bansky little girl with the red balloon (NOT baboon), call it "Bansky UNshredder" and cash a few millions smiling smiley

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
December 12, 2018 06:24PM
the_digital_dentist
Interesting- do you find that the pen wobbles when it's down at the bottom of the Y axis?
How fast can you run it?
Does the whole thing fold up for compact transport?

It works ok if acceleration is kept low (mine is 100mm/s^2 now) and speed (using 2000 mm/min max at the moment). The current design is not foldable but Y axis is not bolted or glued, so you just remove the belt and pull it easily out for easy transport.
This is is not a precision plotter but still reasonably accurate for writing text, not good enough for drawing a PCB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2018 06:28PM by misan.
December 12, 2018 06:27PM
Actually, the NDA does not allow me to use the B****y name ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login