Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hbot inverted X axis

Posted by mogey336 
Hbot inverted X axis
April 26, 2019 04:48AM
I build an Hbot before with printing area 20*20*20cm and now i'm building a bigger printer with printing area 40*40*40cm , I used the same wiring and program for the smaller printer but my X axis is inverted when homing the X axis.

I don't know why?

I tried to reverse the motor wire but it changes all the movement.

How can i invert only X axis when homing?

My homing is back right , now my homing is back left
Re: Hbot inverted X axis
April 26, 2019 07:42AM
Does h-bot use the same kinematics as corexy? If so, this may help: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]

Even if kinematics are different, homing should drive the extruder carriage toward the endstops, whether they are at the max or min ends of the axes. If you built the mechanism the same including the switch locations, try reversing both motors.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
April 26, 2019 11:23AM
Hello friend
I will try it, my end stop for the smaller one are Y at max and X at min.
I tried to reverse the x end stop from min to max but the x axis was reversed in pronterface.
I will try to reverse both motors but i’m out now i will try tomorrow
April 29, 2019 11:57AM
Hey Guys..

I just built my first COREXY system...

No matter how I set reverse_X and reverse_Y - true or false one of the axis will be going in the wrong direction ???

Any ideas??
April 29, 2019 01:01PM
See: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
The most important things are setting up right-hand-rule coordinates which means assigning the right ordinate values to the endstops (either max or min ordinates depending on where you put the switches), and the extruder carriage should move toward the endstops, wherever they are, when you send a G28 command.

You have to plug the endstops into the right inputs on the controller board, too.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
April 29, 2019 02:37PM
webberen
Hey Guys..

I just built my first COREXY system...

No matter how I set reverse_X and reverse_Y - true or false one of the axis will be going in the wrong direction ???

Any ideas??

You need to swap the X and Y motor connections.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login