Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Large CoreXY Toolchanger

Posted by 750magna 
Large CoreXY Toolchanger
November 15, 2019 12:53AM
I'm considering options for my next 3D printer, and wanted to get some additional opinions. Both the Voron and Railcore designs look great, and have lots of documentation, although I wish Voron would publish a complete CAD assembly. I've also recently came across the Troodon coreXY which appears to be similar to a Voron, but sold as a complete kit with machined metal instead of plastic parts. There's a 400x400x500 version for around $2k that could be a great deal, and save a whole bunch of time, but there are no detailed reviews yet, so it's hard to know if this large version is solid. I also plan on adding a tool changer, and Voron doesn't officially support that, but I'm not sure if it's because their designers prefer to stick with their proven system, or if a tool changer would somehow compromise proper function. I'm inclined to believe it's possible as long as I'm willing to make custom modifications myself, but any thoughts on potential issues would be appreciated. At a later date I'd also like to consider adding a heated build chamber, so obviously if I build a kit, all plastic will be replaced with metal. What would you consider the best all around CoreXY system that can handle a tool changer?
Re: Large CoreXY Toolchanger
November 15, 2019 05:44PM
Maybe the Jubilee

[www.thingiverse.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2019 05:44PM by patnap71.
Re: Large CoreXY Toolchanger
November 18, 2019 11:07PM
The Jubilee looks quite promising as well, thanks for linking that. Really happy they included a Solidworks model so I can work out some customizations and see if this ends up being the direction I go in for a new build.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login