Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Big CoreXY with bed from a CR10S5

Posted by tobe81cwb 
Big CoreXY with bed from a CR10S5
December 03, 2019 07:54PM
Edit:
I gave up making the printer with all this volume.
Better make a smaller one, even if I have to buy a new bed.

------------------------------

I'm thinking of building a large 500x500x350 (X, Y, Z) coreXY, though, I have some doubts if this will work out because of the size of the bed.

Currently, I have 3 printers, all Cartesian... one that I built myself, and two CR10S5 (worst printers I've ever had regarding speed and quality .. i don't even use)!
As I already fixed and modded some printers, I have enough parts (electronic) and mechanical parts to assemble some printers.

I thought of using a CR10S5 bed and assembling a CoreXY with the volume of 500x500x350 (honestly, I don't need this whole volume, but I have two beds of this size), but it worries me all this volume and the weight.

The whole bed set (bed, glass, aluminum plate, etc.) weighs about 7kg.

I want to use linear rail carriage (not the cheap Chinese model) on all axes.. the z axis will have 3 rails, but only one leadscrew and one motor - I have NEMA 17, NEMA 23 and NEMA 32 motors here...
The external structure with aluminium extrusion (4040 and 2040 profile)

What would be better? Bed go down (like most projects I've seen), or do the whole X and Y set go up? (I saw few printers that follow this method)

Looking for a good quality print (almost all printed at 0.14 layer height) and speed (if gets between 80mm/s to 100mm/s, will be great)

Or would it be better to discard this whole idea and change to a smaller print volume, something like 300x300x300?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2019 05:07AM by tobe81cwb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login