Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

5mm idler spacers?

Posted by curnowdj 
5mm idler spacers?
January 14, 2020 09:16PM
G'Day Gang,
I am putting together a corexy machine and I want to use GT2 plane idlers but have not been able to find a successful spacer solution to nest 2 idlers on the same shaft. I cannot find small enough spacers to secure the inner race of the bearing without binding on the dust cover.
Has anyone solved this?
TIA
Re: 5mm idler spacers?
January 14, 2020 11:17PM
Cut a piece of plastic tubing...?

Print washers...?

Punch holes in thin plastic and trim with scissors...?

The bearings in those little pulleys are so tiny that they won't last very long under belt tension. It's better to stack flanged bearings to make pulleys. F625zz bearings can be used to make good, long life pulleys for 6 mm belt. F608zz bearings can be stacked to make pulleys for 9 or 10mm wide belt.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
January 15, 2020 01:39AM
Yep. I have tried tubing both plastic and 1/4 copper. Not successful. So I have thought about using 608's and like that idea.
Thanks
February 02, 2020 08:41PM
filastruder sells some 0.4mm thick shims that work perfectly.
February 04, 2020 06:07PM
the_digital_dentist
Cut a piece of plastic tubing...?

Print washers...?

Punch holes in thin plastic and trim with scissors...?

The bearings in those little pulleys are so tiny that they won't last very long under belt tension. It's better to stack flanged bearings to make pulleys. F625zz bearings can be used to make good, long life pulleys for 6 mm belt. F608zz bearings can be stacked to make pulleys for 9 or 10mm wide belt.

I second this. I use two flanged F625zz bearings for a 6mm belt on my Cartesian printer. So far, so good.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login