Posted by Doppler9000 
Another Kit - Any thoughts on BLV?
March 15, 2020 01:26PM
Re: Another Kit - Any thoughts on BLV?
March 22, 2020 11:30AM
No one?
March 22, 2020 08:11PM
I built mine from scratch...no kit and it works quite well for me. Only thing I should have spent more money on is getting genuine hiwin rails...everything else is genuine on it...Duet Wifi with Duex 5, Bondtech extruder, did a triple Z conversion and using a railcore II bed from 713maker. I got the aluminum extrusions cut from Misumi USA.

Took me quite a few tries to get the frame square.
March 22, 2020 09:01PM
Thank you very much.

Would you go with a BLV if you were doing it over, or some other design?

I will be getting a kit of whichever I settle on.
March 22, 2020 11:58PM
Most likely yes...I liked the design of it and the community exists for it. There is a facebook group where questions and mods are shared as well as on the thingiverse page where the printer was originally released. It is not a printer for a beginner and I recommend doing a cast aluminum bed with a silicone heater on it. The fysetc bed which it was originally spec'd with is not good and will cause grief. I tried two of them before doing a nice bed.

[www.thingiverse.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2020 12:00AM by dysan.
March 23, 2020 11:35AM
Thanks, this is very helpful.

I found the Keenovo heaters, but wondered if you had a single source for a cast aluminum heater?
March 23, 2020 12:08PM
If you are going to use a Keenovo heater on an aluminum plate, order the heater without adhesive. Glue it to the plate using high temperature silicone (about $5 at your local autoparts store or Walmart). The 468 MP adhesive that most people use lasts for maybe 2 years of temperature cycling then starts letting go of the plate. When it lets go, the heater burns. Silicone won't let go.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
March 23, 2020 02:14PM
the_digital_dentist
If you are going to use a Keenovo heater on an aluminum plate, order the heater without adhesive. Glue it to the plate using high temperature silicone (about $5 at your local autoparts store or Walmart). The 468 MP adhesive that most people use lasts for maybe 2 years of temperature cycling then starts letting go of the plate. When it lets go, the heater burns. Silicone won't let go.

Yikes!

Thanks for the tip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2020 03:58PM by Doppler9000.
March 23, 2020 05:20PM
I got my cast aluminum bed from 713maker.com and I'm using a generic 120v 750watt heater from amazon adhered how it was mentioned above using high temperature rtv. I did not get the heater without the adhesive so it's a painstaking process removing the 468MP adhesive from the heater...LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login