Problem with SKR 1.4 for pen plotter. Y axis homes but doesn't move after.
May 22, 2020 03:36AM
Hello. I am developing a pen plotter with the use of a SKR 1.4 and marlin 2.0. I was being able to move both x and y axis, but now I don't know what changed but the Y axis moves only when I home it, and afterwards it doesn't, although an M114 tells me it has advanced. Any ideas on what could be the cause? I am lost. Thank you.
Does that controller use modular drivers? Have you tried swapping them? Did you set the motor currents? What does this machine look like? Is it belt driven?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Thank you for answering. Sorry for the late reply, I ran into some mechanical problems that I had to solve first. The machine is around 2.30m x 2.30m. I am using DM542T Drivers that I connect directly to the enable, step and direction pins of the board. It is not belt driven, is a pinion and rack mechanism. I set the drivers as A4988 in the configuration file. I also have some TMC5160 lying around, I'm going to try to swap them to see if that makes a difference.
Check the timing of the step, direction, and enable outputs from the controller against the required timing for the drivers. Also make sure you set the speed and acceleration are at reasonable values.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 09:00AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Re: Problem with SKR 1.4 for pen plotter. Y axis homes but doesn't move after.
May 28, 2020 08:30AM
I had exactly this symptom when I had a bad signal cable to an external stepper driver. Initially, the machine worked fine. Then the cable flexed enough that the DIR signal broke, and after that the homing direction was the only direction it would move. It would move until it hit the limit switch, and then it would never move again. Just one more thing to check for...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login