Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BTT TFT35 v3.0

Posted by doug_scott 
BTT TFT35 v3.0
November 11, 2020 11:42AM
I have what started off as a Flsun CUBE, and was using both a 12864 and a MKS TFT35 screen. They both worked, but I would prefer only the one device that does both, just sounded easier to me. I am using one of three boards, MKS SGEN V1.0, MKS SGEN_L V1.0 or MKS SGEN_L V2.0. All three boards have the EXP1 and EXP2 ports that connect to the BTT TFT35 v3.0. I cannot see where the third cable is supposed to go. Cannot find any info on how to connect this to a normal MKS SGEN board or any flavour. When connected to the 10 pin ports, when it starts up it will give me the touch screen, where it says no printer. If I hold the encoder down for 3 seconds it gives me the choice of touch screen or Marlin screen. If I choose Marlin I get a blank screen that will flash the odd underscore character, and will beep sometimes when I turn the encoder wheel ( anyone else think of the special encoder ring that used to come in HoneyComb cereal back in the 60/70s?). If I power up the printer with the screen already set to Marlin it will show me the logo and name as it boots up, I get to see the root menu that you get with the 12864 screen, but it will go away if you try to scroll through the list with the encoder wheel.

Does this screen require the black 5 pin flat cable connected to something?

I have the screen defined as "REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER" in my configuration.h file. I'm old and cannot recall why I set it to that, but do know it was set that way for the 12864 screen I had.
Re: BTT TFT35 v3.0
November 30, 2020 01:40AM
Port use
RS232 needed for Touch use requires the black cable. Needs a serial port in firmware for it to function.
EXP3-CR10 128x64 graphics mode using 1 10pin plug, firmware needs CR10_STOCKDISPLAY
EXP1-EXP2 128x64 graphics mode using 2 10pin plugs, firmware needs REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

BTT TFT35 v3.0 pins
[github.com]

LPC1768 serial pins
[github.com]

MKS-SGen has no socket designed for the tft
[github.com]
Can be made to work on serial port 0 on aux-1. and on J7 as serial port 1 (need to check if 5v has sufficient current to drive this)

MKS-SGEN_L has no socket designed for the tft
[github.com]
Can be made to work on serial port 0 on aux-1. Again need to check sufficient 5v current is available.

MKS-SGEN_L-V2 has no socket designed for the tft
[github.com]
Can also be made to work on serial port 0 on aux-1. Again need to check sufficient 5v current is available.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2020 01:44AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login