Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Troubleshooting vibration/resonance

Posted by Extrooder guy 
Troubleshooting vibration/resonance
May 15, 2021 04:11PM
Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been printing for about a year now with my Ender 3 Pro, but now I'm building a Hypercube Evolution (HEVO). It is mostly put together but I'm having trouble pin pointing some vibrations.

Please see this video: [www.youtube.com] and notice the repeating sound pattern. The pattern does sync with the circle that is being printed, but does not correspond to any motor/idler.

When the belts where not installed yet, I was able to move X/Y with great ease. I guess I'm just looking for suggestions about what to investigate.

Thanks to anyone who can provide some ideas.
VDX
Re: Troubleshooting vibration/resonance
May 15, 2021 04:51PM
... it sounds like XY-interferencing while performing "Bresenham" -- it's related to the same sectors of the 4 quadrants, where the step-relations between X- and Y-steps match a speed factor.

To reduce this you can rise the microstepping or add dampers ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 16, 2021 12:44AM
OK thanks, that's interesting. I've set microstepping to 256 which is the max and it did not help, so that would leave dampeners as my only recourse.

BTW is there a calibration item out there to print specifically to test for this XY-interferencing?
VDX
May 16, 2021 10:26AM
... the circle is a pretty good testing item - the bigger the better ... and with different speeds ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login