Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ender 6 COREXY issue in Marlin

Posted by dragon800 
Ender 6 COREXY issue in Marlin
August 27, 2022 11:53AM
I have set up my ender 6 with a BTT E3 RRF V1.1 board and TFT 3.0 screen and I got most everything figured out but the Y axis moves inverted. I tried switching the plugs around i cant flip the plugs backwards like some suggest because they are one way plugs, and I tried every possible combination for motor direction in Marlin software but the closest I can get is the Y axis inverted. It is confusing because both motors spin to either go straight in X or Y so it's not as simple as just inverting the Y axis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can add my config files if that would be of any use.
Re: Ender 6 COREXY issue in Marlin
August 28, 2022 02:22AM
Swap the X and Y (or A and B if that's what you call them on your machine) motor connections. Then adjust motor directions as needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2022 02:23AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 28, 2022 11:48AM
ah Ive swapped them but i dont think i tried changing directions with them swapped. Thank you good sir.
August 28, 2022 12:23PM
YES!! That worked thank you so much man I've been banging my head against the wall with this thing! It's so nice when a total stranger takes the time to help.
August 29, 2022 09:54AM
Glad to help. This is a fairly common issue with CoreXY machines. With the motor connections one way round you can only get left hand coordinate systems, and with them swapped over you get right hand coordinate systems. Changing the direction of one or both motors does not change the handedness.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 29, 2022 12:49PM
yeah that makes perfect sense in hindsight im just not very good with this stuff yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login