Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extra pulleys on a corexy

Posted by RCalin 
Extra pulleys on a corexy
January 24, 2023 03:51AM
Hi, i am building a corexy printer and i want to ask if it is ok to add pulleys to the corexy system. I added the nr1 and nr2 pulleys to gain some space on the x axis. Is that ok? What can go bad with this? The pulleys are one on top of eachother and normally the belt should go from number3 to the idler, i added 1 and 2.. Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2023 03:54AM by RCalin.
Attachments:
open | download - 20230123_171342.jpg (2.39 MB)
Re: Extra pulleys on a corexy
January 24, 2023 07:30AM
Disclaimer: I am by no means knowledgeable on these things smiling smiley

If you mean a beltpath like on the Ender-7 (see attachment) I can confirm after one year of heavy usage it works fine.
Attachments:
open | download - creality-ender-7_3d-drucker-kaufen_3d-grenzenlos-shop_bild-2-360x360.jpg (23 KB)
Re: Extra pulleys on a corexy
January 24, 2023 09:58AM
Try this- move the extruder carriage manually in the Y direction. Now move it in the X direction. Do you feel the extra effort it takes to move it in X? When it moves in X, the belts have to move on two more pulleys than when it moves in the Y direction. Adding extra pulleys increases the load on the motors. That means that if you're trying to print as fast as the machine can go, and you add extra pulleys, you may lose some speed because motor torque falls as speed increases. If you don't care about maximizing speed, it probably doesn't matter.

The most important thing, regardless of the number of pulleys, is to position all the working segments of the belts parallel to their respective guide rails. Working segments are all those that vary in length as the carriage moves. You can do whatever you want with the other segments.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login