Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

built the universal controller board

Posted by mimarob 
built the universal controller board
March 14, 2008 04:16AM
Hello!

Yesterday I got the UCB 1.2.1 working, actually I used a modifed version (kicad rules!!) of the board where I moved the vias to eliminate the need for plated-through holes.

I also burned the X-motor driver with the JDM programmer and the crappy-but-free software that came with it.

In order to use it you need to be able to unpack .rar files, (haven't seen those in a long time) and also know that "Idioma" means "Language" in spanish, since it starts up in spanish mode. But why not, I always thought that computers where culturally biased towards anglo-saxon :-)

Problems i bumped into sofar:

* I screwed up and turned the connector around like in the picture, even though I had a 1.2.1 board.... RTFM...

* Installing the reprap on a W2K was to much work for me, (I'm really not a Java fan) so I used the live-CD, its wonderful!

* I missed one of my vias so the led wouldn't come on (serves me right for not using the ready-made boards ;-)

Next I'll solder in the L298 and try to run an el-cheapo stepper motor, after that its time to burn some more plastic with the extruder...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login