Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Certificate Trust List

Posted by Arnold Lane 
Certificate Trust List
November 05, 2011 02:00AM
Hi All

I am slowly getting there,

I am trying to download an stl. file (from the reprap web site) and I get a Certificate Trust List message, what does this mean and how do I get rid of it.

I am running windows 7

Thanks
Re: Certificate Trust List
November 05, 2011 01:40PM
Don't know how to get rid of the message, but the .stl files share the .stl extension with certificates of some sort, apparently.

You need to drag and drop them from downloads to wherever, you can't just click them and have them open.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 01:40PM by Andrew Diehl.

www.Fablicator.com
November 06, 2011 12:44AM
Generally I come accross those messages when the time and date is wrong either on my computer or their server
May 05, 2013 11:58PM
I found this on MSDN: [msdn.microsoft.com]

Apparently Windows Vista and later OS versions use the .STL extension for the Certificate Trust List (CTL). I'm running Windows Vista sp2 and Chrome Browser on an Hp Laptop.

The solutions I've found involve modifying the registry and I'm not an expert there. Dragging the link to the desktop creates a shortcut to the page or the "invalid" certificate. Any right clicking or attempt to rename it in "save as" doesn't work. Downloading through a proxy is to no avail. No one on MSDN has replied with a solution to this problem. The really strange thing is that on my desktop computer, running exactly the same OS Version and exactly the same Chrome Browser downloads the STL files from Thingiverse and Instructibles no problem. All I can say is try a MAC or a different PC.

Good Luck,
CCK
May 06, 2013 08:25AM
You can't just double click on an stl file because there is a conflict with another program with respect to the filename extension. You need to either bring up the slicer and open the file explicitly from within the program, or right click, choose open with, and then choose or navigate to your slicer.
May 13, 2013 02:58PM
jbernardis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can't just double click on an stl file because
> there is a conflict with another program with
> respect to the filename extension. You need to
> either bring up the slicer and open the file
> explicitly from within the program, or right
> click, choose open with, and then choose or
> navigate to your slicer.

Then set it as the default program for that extension, and you can then double-click to open .STL files.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
December 22, 2015 08:05PM
I had the same problem with the STL files becoming associated with Certificate Trust List, after I had associated the STL file extension with Slic3r, and then decided I didn't want that permanent association and attempted to change it back. But in my case I saw the file type Certificate Trust list on only the STL files that had their file extension in lower case, as there where a couple of files that were still okay and showed a file type of "STL file" but those were only the ones that had their extensions listed in UPPER CASE. I went to the control panel under Folder Options, and unchecked the Hide extensions for known file types. Then I was able rename each file needed changing only the .stl to .STL and life was good. Hope this helps someone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login