Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

call to ClearCommError Failed

Posted by Arnold Lane 
call to ClearCommError Failed
November 14, 2011 06:19PM
Hello all, Just wondering if some one can help on this one.

I have only recently started printing and after a number of hiccups have been able to successfuly complete some prints,

But all of a sudden, some recent print attempts have ended with the printer stopping (usually early in the print) and a 'call to ClearCommError Failed' message being displayed. (see below for trace back). This usually happens in the larger prints .

I am running windows 7 (64 bit).

I have removed and reinstalled all associated programs for python and print run - same problem pesists

I have used both sfact and sfwin41 to produce g-code - same problem pesists

Any other ideas on where to look

This is the trace back error message (it dose not always happen in Thread1), if it helps

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback :
File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line552, in _bootstrap_innerself.run<> File "c:\Python27\lib\threading.py",line 505, in runself_target<*self._args,**self._kwargs>
File "c:\users\Mendel 1\Downloads\kliment-Printrun-440a5ca-Printrun-440a5ca\printcore.py", line79, in _listen line=self.printer.readline<>
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py", line218, in readraise SerialException<'call to ClearCommError failed'>
SerialException: call to ClearCommError failed

Thankyou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2011 06:18PM by Arnold Lane.
Re: call to ClearCommError Failed
November 17, 2011 07:21PM
Problem solved

There was a loose wire to the bed heater. This loose wire must have caused a short, that possibly caused firmware or soft ware to crash, and then stopping the printer.

Tightened wire = no more problem.

This is not a common problem, but a google search did uncover similar code errors that were posted but with no solution or discussion, so this may help some else.

Arnold.
Re: call to ClearCommError Failed
December 27, 2011 09:40AM
Had a similar error and became mad about it.
After reading your comment, we removed all wires and put them back.

It´s now pretty nice printing again. Seems your fix works well. Thanks a lot!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login