Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface : Extruder not extruding

Posted by Atfer 
Pronterface : Extruder not extruding
November 16, 2011 10:44PM
Hello! With Skeinforge, I can make my extruder extrude, but when I press print, everything is moving except the extruder. My gcode is from Skeinforge, but even with pronterface itself I get this error. Any idea? Is there a place where I can select my extruder? (Since RAMPS1.4 can have two extruder)

Once again, thanks!
VDX
Re: Pronterface : Extruder not extruding
November 17, 2011 03:17AM
... have you activated 'dimension'?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 17, 2011 09:11AM
Well, that certainly seemed to help!
November 17, 2011 01:06PM
I too have the same problem +.
I have a huxley, built it 2 weeks or so ago, but can not get it to print anything, as above it moves the head about as if its printing, but the extruder does not move. In pronterface I can get it to extrude and reverse no problem. I am using default huxley profile, and I checked the dimensions tab which is enabled.

Another thing, which will be quite important once the extruder is turning, it that its centering the model at 0,0, so 75% of the model would be off the headbed.?

One other note, I can only enter skienforge once via pronterface, if I go back in, it just hangs. I have to quit pronterface and restart!
November 17, 2011 02:54PM
duncan try activating the dimension tab to get the extruder to turn. As for centering, it's in the multiply tab, you can off set it to the middle of the print bed by setting X=100 Y=100.

Ive never tried putting SF into pronterface. I usually just run them individually and it works flawlessly
November 17, 2011 08:39PM
I got it working at last, what a disaster, but its printing smiling smiley. I searched for skienforge and deleted them all, I had some from other programs that I forgot about. Then once they were all gone, put a new version in and ran it seperate from pronterface, then it just started printing. Now I have 20 other problems, but ill work my way through them.

Thanks for the help, although it didnt directly fix my problem, it got me to understand skienforge a bit better and lead to the problem.
December 07, 2012 12:45PM
i have the same problem where is dimension tab ive look everywhere im running pronterface and latest slic3r
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login