Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i would like to trart building....

Posted by r2kordmaa 
would like to build a Darwin of my own. for starters could someone mention the prices of stepper motors and controller ic-s that are used for the model. if they seem too pricey for me i bet i could find alternatives.

the other thing: is there anyone out there willing to print the rp parts for me and mail em. if so please note how much materials and posting expenses to Estonia would cost

will be watching this thread and waiting for e-mail but is there maybe a reprap irc channel somewhere?
Interactive Chat
Chat is also available with IRC in #reprap on freenode.net

i see...
Re: i would like to trart building....
April 10, 2008 10:32AM
You can get pretty much everything you need, including the rp parts from...

[www.bitsfrombytes.com]

which is in UK and is closest to you.

You can also buy most parts from

[www.rrrf.org]

in the US.
April 10, 2008 03:40PM
also, there is a parts list at [parts.reprap.org] that is setup to handle multiple suppliers.

from there its easy to find the various suppliers for parts and how much they charge for each part.
quote:
"RepRap etiquette asks that you use your machine to make the parts for at least two more Darwins for other people at cost, as well as using it to make whatever you or anyone else on the internet can think up..."

i was hoping to get my rp prats that way so i would have to pay only for the shipping and material costs. in www.bitsfrombytes.com rp parts set costs around 150eur so that would be a huge point to save money on
April 11, 2008 08:51AM
I think the only problem with that train of thought right now is that only one person has successfully constructed all of the parts for a second darwin, and that is vik in New Zeland. I think that the whole community would be plenty willing to print you parts, but it looks like you might have to wait a year or so until others are able to print parts with the speed that Vik has achieved.

Jay
April 11, 2008 10:29AM
For now Zach and Ian offer cast parts for the Darwin.
Anonymous User
April 11, 2008 12:18PM
Intresting....
Why VIK is the only one who can copy his parts?

And Hello!

Davids
April 11, 2008 12:45PM
Well, it's mainly because Vik's the only one who's managed to get one working long enough to print out a few parts. smiling smiley

By the sounds of it, there are about a dozen or so people who are almost to that point. There's an effort over here: [forums.reprap.org] to get a handle on how many RepRap builders there are and how far along they are.
Anonymous User
April 11, 2008 12:54PM
I have a small dream to build one! grinning smiley But now it's too expensive for me. I'm only 17 years old student.
Time goes, money comes! grinning smiley
April 11, 2008 02:01PM
I don't think it will be a year before other people can make parts. My machine only needs a Gcode interpreter and I think it will produce working parts in a week or two.

>Time goes, money comes!
Very true, I am at the opposite end of the problem.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Anonymous User
April 11, 2008 02:12PM
nophead maybe we can change? grinning smiley

And if it is not a secret how much Darvin cost to you at the moment?
April 11, 2008 02:29PM
I made a RepStrap from parts on the surplus market (eBay & CNCZone) which probably cost me around $800. So far the only bits of Darwin I have bought is the filament to make it and the stepper motors, so about $150 so far.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 12, 2008 05:46PM
hmmzzz.... i must note that buying all aurdino electronics from reprap store is actually cheaper than buying all components and putting the system together by yourself. damn right now purchasing the parts is behind the fact that my debet card doesnt comply with paypal and i have to make a credit card if i want to use paypal to order stuff from online stores
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login