Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another reprapper

Posted by Joost 
Another reprapper
March 27, 2007 05:03PM
Hello all,

I stumbled on this site a few weeks ago and have since been reading most of the posts and almost all of the wiki on the reprap. Mostly fascinated by the (long term) potential and impact, and have convinced some of my friends to explore this reprap concept further. So we have decided to see if we can build a repstrapper.
Personally, I have a background in mechanical engineering, knowledge of software development (including java) and expertise in 3D modelling (though a bit dated) and collaborative product development, and hope that I can also contribute to this community - not only using it.
I will keep you posted on the progress on our attempts and might pitch in a thought or question once in a while.

Kind regards,
Joost
Re: Another reprapper
March 27, 2007 06:04PM
yay!

welcome to the community. we're working our butts off right now trying to get ready for the release of v1.0. technically, we've set a release date of 2008, but *unofficially* its looking like we'll be making a 1.0 release thats ready to rock and roll in late may / early june.

we will have boards available for purchase by the end of april. so at the very least you could get those, and mess around with a repstrap cartesian robot cobbled together from whatever you can find.

in the meantime i'd suggest browsing through the documentation and getting familiar with the basic workings of the project.
Anonymous User
April 01, 2007 02:38AM
P.S. Having on mind my limited free time I will be able to build the printer in parts. As a begining I wold like to build the mechanics first, or to get the needed step motors.
Anonymous User
April 01, 2007 02:40AM
P.S. 2 smiling smiley Sorry, I mistook the previous answer. It was for another topick.
April 02, 2007 08:56PM
no worries.... once i get the parts db done, it will be very easy to find what you need to purchase to build any part of the system.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login