Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EZ Water?

Posted by Joost 
EZ Water?
April 27, 2007 11:41AM
I have been trying to find a source for some CAPA but have not been able to find it yet. When I was at a modeling shop yesterday, they had something called EZ Water. It is normally used to create water effects on rail road models. It melts at approx. 70 C and is some sort of resin. I have tried to use it to create 2 couplings between the motors and axis, and that seems to work. But what I was wondering about is what kind of stuff this actually is ... anyone with some ideas? See also [www.hobbylinc.com]

Joost
Anonymous User
Re: EZ Water?
July 03, 2007 01:11AM
If it's the same stuff I've seen, it is a transparent low temperature thermal plastic, but is very brittle. Great for things that don't take stress, like a lake on a railroad layout, or a window for a scale model. You can melt it in a double boiler on the stove, or in a plastic bag in boiling water.
Re: EZ Water?
July 03, 2007 02:40AM
I have experimented with this earlier, but found out it is not very useful for making parts for Drawin, definitely not when these are moving parts. Too brittle and soft; CAPA works so much better.
Maybe for components that are not stressed at all (i.e. modified holder for the optopstops) this might be a useful material.

Joost
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login