Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Introductions

Posted by KDuncan 
Introductions
July 13, 2007 04:56PM
Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself. Working on my first Reprap out of Northern VA. I'm not what you would call deep into it yet (just started a new gig so the money's a bit...well, on the negative side) but I'm hoping to finish my PowerComm this weekend. Even got myself an AT power supply from a buddy's tech grab bag.

So long as I'm here, I wanted to ask about the support material extruder. Has there been any developments in that area? I've got an idea or two, but until I've actually finished my machine I'm kinda shooting in the dark here. Just curious.

Anyway, that is it. No doubt as the weeks and months progress I'll be back...many, many times. Until then, wish me luck.

-Kai
Re: Introductions
July 13, 2007 06:07PM
Well, if you look back a few days ago in the main RepRap blog you'll see that Adrian has a nice looking one that's working. In a few months from now I'm going to try to get one working that uses a peristalic pump, an idea that Adrian tried earlier and then abandoned. That's where we are right now.
July 14, 2007 04:35PM
Hey Kai,

welcome to the project. dont hesitate to ask any questions. chances are someone here will be able to help you.

~Zach
July 16, 2007 12:56PM
I finished my Power/Comms board this weekend! I'm having a bit of a programmer issue though, ICProg won't let me select my LPT port for programming, but I've emailed Spark Fun about it and will hopefully get an answer soon. In the meantime, another visit to the wonderful world of Mouser. smiling smiley

-Kai
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login