Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Winchester, Hampshire, UK - Local Group

Posted by clangstone 
Winchester, Hampshire, UK - Local Group
February 14, 2012 08:26AM
Hello All

I am based in Winchester and looking to find a local group to join.

I have no experience of building any machines but I am keen to start.... from scratch

I'd like to hook up with a local group. I live in Winchester, Hampshire and work near Bournemouth, Dorset so anywhere around these locations would be good??

Thx

Colin
Re: Winchester, Hampshire, UK - Local Group
February 14, 2012 08:36PM
Hi Colin, I'm between Alton and Alresford, and have a working reprap. There are a couple of people down Southampton, Bournemouth and Poole way I think, but the biggest local concentration is the Thames Valley Reprap User Group www.tvrrug.org.uk which I am a proud member of! Next meeting is on the 28th February at 8pm, downstairs at the Copa Bar in Reading. We are currently have 20 people nearing completion of Prusa repraps, produced by 3 of us who have repraps/Makerbots. There may be a working machine or two to have a look at at the next meeting. Feel free to come along!
February 16, 2012 01:09PM
Hi Droftarts

I'm not sure that I could make the 28th but I would like to come over to your place and have a look at your Reprap if you wouldn't mind.

Would this be OK???

Colin
February 16, 2012 01:42PM
Hi Colin, I've sent you a PM with details about how to contact me.
March 22, 2012 05:49PM
Another Winchester resident about to start a Prusa. Most parts now obtained but still waiting for printed parts to arrive. I didn't realise that there was a local group (well, more-or-less local) so I shall follow up the TV group website as well.
Dear Colin,

How are things - I know its an old post but I couldn't see a send PM.How far did you get with your repraps?

I’m a technician in a busy workshop at the Arts University at Bournemouth, and am putting the feelers out for interest of a local user group hosted by ourselves.

If this is something you may be interested in, please let me know!

Kind regards,

Edward
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login