Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Request for Vic's object files (Martini, Wine glass, Flask)

Posted by RoundSparrow 
Request for Vic's object files (Martini, Wine glass, Flask)
November 17, 2007 08:17PM
Vic's Martini, Flask, and Wine glass object files aren't up on the Wiki. I'm assuming he isn't trying to keep these private winking smiley

if anyone has copies of these files, please upload to the "Object Library" wiki page. there is nothing there but the minimug.

Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2007 09:04PM by RoundSparrow.
Re: Request for Vic's object files (Martini, Wine glass, Flask)
November 18, 2007 11:47PM
Part of my interest in these parts is trying to determine exactly how much material do we need to lay down to make something able to contain liquid. The minimug is 2mm thick walls?
November 19, 2007 12:36AM
I, also, would like this information. My RepStrap is almost complete and I will have to start either experimenting or making things and this is good info to have.
November 19, 2007 12:14PM
i fourth this... and i'm sure bre pettis would love them too... he's planning on showing off his reprap at an international expo of drink serving robots. (roboexotica)
November 19, 2007 01:39PM
currently they are located here: [objects.reprap.org]

i'd like to compile these and get them up on sourceforge for easy dissemination. does anyone else have any other 3d files they'd like included?

post a link here or email me.
November 19, 2007 01:53PM
That reminds me: What's the convention for AoI objects? Should a unit be an inch or a millimeter?
November 19, 2007 11:10PM
Zach, the Martini and Flask are still not on the objects page. Not trying to nag as much as point this out that they are still unaccounted for. These are like early artifacts, important to find the molds winking smiley

Steve DeGroof: This Wiki page: [reprap.org] says "I am assuming that you will be working in millimeters as the standard engineering unit. Treat one AoI unit as one mm, and experiment by building objects of about the size that you want to end up making."

I for one vote that those of us in the USA stay all metric. Being able to download objects from anywhere, seems the only sane thing winking smiley
November 20, 2007 12:04PM
okay, i'll try and get those files up here... no worries.

i also vote metric!!!
November 20, 2007 08:12PM
hmm, me too! Metric all the way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login