Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hard fire cement = useless?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Hard fire cement = useless?
May 26, 2009 06:02AM
About to put the finshing touch on our heater barrel, unfortunately the package from bitsfrombytes have been laying around for more than half a year and when i removed the plastic the fire cement was rock hard.

Is there any way to still use it? Been thinking about heating it, but to what temperature? Can it be heated in water for better temperature control?

An alternative would be to order the same stuff that Forrest Higgs mentions here : [3dreplicators.com]
Would like to keep the cost down though - anyone in Europe that got some of the stuff laying around and is willing to mail it?
(I´ll pay for it off course, via paypal would probably be the easiest way to do it.)
VDX
Re: Hard fire cement = useless?
May 26, 2009 06:26AM
... here in germany i'll buy "Prestogum" in my next tool-store: - [www.louis.de]

Heatresistant until 700°C / 1292°F and costs only 5 Euros ...

Viktor
May 26, 2009 06:38AM
In the UK fire cement can be found in most DIY stores.

David
July 12, 2009 03:18PM
Fire cement is not useless, lots of people using to construct something.

master resale rights
-Stacey
Anonymous User
July 13, 2009 02:52PM
Thanks a lot for the replies smiling smiley

The keyword is hard Stacey, as in cannot be shaped at all at roomtemperature winking smiley
I've seen a type of heat-resistant epoxy putty for sale at American auto parts stores for use in repairing holes in car mufflers. The stuff doesn't completely harden until you start the engine and allow the muffler to hot. Might do the job.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login