Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MARLIN FIRMWARE MOTOR TEST REPLICATOR G

Posted by khaiz21 
MARLIN FIRMWARE MOTOR TEST REPLICATOR G
March 28, 2012 01:59PM
Greetings,

I successfully installed the marlin firm ware v1 to my board. Is it possible to test my motors using replicatorg without having all the other elements plugged into the board? I can't get my motors to move when I open the control panel in replicatorg. The x motor is idle and does get warm , and when I try to move the motors in either the x,y,z I hear a beep noise. I think it is receving the command from the replicatorg controller, but the software is not letting the motors move. Any help would be great. Thanks.

RAMPS 1.4
REPLICATORG
REP RAP LINEAR PRUSA MENDEL
MARLIN FIRM WARE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 02:04PM by khaiz21.
Re: MARLIN FIRMWARE MOTOR TEST REPLICATOR G
March 28, 2012 09:35PM
You may need to set the extruder tempresistor to a value of 0 in the configuration.h
and enable dangerous extrudes. That is what I had to do to test all my motors and drivers.
March 29, 2012 06:53PM
Where are the dangerous extrudes located within the code?
March 29, 2012 08:30PM
Comment Out "#define PREVENT_DANGEROUS_EXTRUDE" in configuration.h of the marlin source code
March 30, 2012 02:56PM
ok thanks
April 01, 2012 06:01PM
Is there a similar parameter in the Sprinter firmware? I've just reached the point on my Prusa where I can test the electronics and motors and they all work fine except for the extruder motor. I did wonder if the firmware disables it if it is not up to temp. Had a quick look through the code but couldn't see anything obvious.
April 02, 2012 02:53PM
I don't know. I have only ever used the Marlin Firmware. However, you may be able to open a console and enter a command to extrude when the temp is not a valid zone. When you get a return message or code, search in the source code. This will lead you to a place that may have the option, or where you can comment out the temp check.
April 02, 2012 03:12PM
Red herring - I did have another look through the code but didn't see anything. I then tried swapping motors and Polulu driver modules around and found that the fault followed the driver module - using a different module the extruder motor worked. Resoldered all the joints I made on the module and it seems to work OK now. Coming back to my original question, though - it looks as if the Sprinter code does not inhibit extruder operation with no thermistor connected. Whether it works or not when it receives a valid but low temperature I don't know yet - haven't built the extruder yet...
January 29, 2014 08:55PM
I realize this is an older thread but what Machine Type are you using in RepG? I have a Makerfarm Prusa i3 and there isn't a Ramps/Marlin machine type.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login