Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OK I'm hooked, now what ?

Posted by HereIgoAgain 
OK I'm hooked, now what ?
December 26, 2010 10:37AM
So it looks like I have the RepRap Mendel bug. I've spent the last week reading various scenerios and so now wonder. Do I buy and build a kit or or do i acquire individual parts and spend the rest of my life trying to make them work. And if I buy a kit...which one. Any sage advice for a motivated beginner ?
Re: OK I'm hooked, now what ?
December 26, 2010 12:38PM
http://reprap.org/wiki/What_Tooling_Do_You_Have ?

grinning smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
December 26, 2010 01:38PM
hello and welcome

Advice- Do as much of it yourself as you feel able. Then the things you think you can't do, have a go anyway. You will be amazed how much more you learn about the whole system.

Jump straight into Mendel (any version) or build a Repstrap if you feel like a challenge.

Ask for help when you need it, and jolly good luck. It's a great project to get involved in.

Rich

[richrap.blogspot.com]
December 26, 2010 04:26PM
make a prusa mendel, they're so much simpler and reduce your costs. as for electronics, go with ramps or some other variant with everything on one board and individually replaceable stepper drivers.

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login