Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M117 GCode

Posted by jim_blag 
M117 GCode
April 26, 2011 11:22AM
I'm trying to insert the M117 GCode into the version of FW that runs on my Gen6 electronics. The default version of firmware for Gen6 doesn't support this GCode.

Looking at the current firmware release it appears to be a fairly straightforward command to add, and I have the unit responding with values when requested.

But can someone confirm for me how M117 is supposed to operate. From the details on the GCode Wiki page, M117 returns the step count for each axis that it recorded the last time it hit an endstop. However, I never see the zeroHit variable being reset in the firmware.

My assumption had been that it would get reset at some point (if you home the axis or send a G92 command perhaps), then the next time you hit the endstop you get the deviation in steps from the last time it was there so you can figure out how many steps have been skipped.

Since the zeroHit variable never gets reset, should I be reading the value the first time I home and using that as my reference for all future endstop visits? (Or home all axes, reset printer - then all zeroHit values will be at zero and all axes at endstops).

Can anyone who has this command in their firmware confirm how it works.

Thanks,

James
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login