Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home doesn't work properly ?

Posted by rankbajin 
Home doesn't work properly ?
June 05, 2011 09:01AM
Hi All,

So I've finally got round to finishing of my Mendel and I can move all the axes around and make the heater and extruder work ... the issue I am seeing though is that for some reason , when I click home on RepSnapper then for x and y axis the carriages keep running past the point where the opto endstop should have been triggered.

I am running with the Tonokip firmware and RAMPS 1.3 electronics.

Can anyone help ? is there something which I should have done or should not have done which could be causing this problem ?

I know that the opto endstops are working as I have run a small test firmware on the Arduino just to make sure.

It seems to me that this must be a firmware or software problem and so I'm off to trawl through the firmware code but I thought I'd ask the question in case it's something I've done wrong.

cheers
Re: Home doesn't work properly ?
June 05, 2011 09:20AM
Update :

Found the M999 command in the firmware which will cause the firmware to print out the values of X_MIN and Y_MIN.
This shows that they are both operating correctly when tested with a piece of card.

Looking more like a firmware issue now, I'll keep reading.

cheers
June 05, 2011 09:55AM
Update #2 :

Seems like I was misunderstanding just how the repsnapper software and the Tonokip firmware work.

I added some extra G codes (997, 998, 999) to home each axis individually and everything works as i would expect.

Good to know that the endstops are recognised correctly. I suppose that I could have just clicked on Home All and it would have worked but I prefer to do things one step at a time... I would have thought that there would have been some checking in the firmware to make sure that the printer is not driven past 0 but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, all looks ok for now i think.... now to go level the base.

cheers
June 05, 2011 10:55AM
The command to home all the axes is G28. To individually home selected axes, just add them as parameters: G28 X0 to zero the X, G28 X0 Y0 to zero both X and Y for example.
June 05, 2011 11:15AM
cool thanks... that would have saved me a little time. :-)

never mind... first test piece is now printing !!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login