Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Power Supply problems

Posted by shaunf 
Power Supply problems
September 03, 2011 11:58AM
Hi,
I have almost finished building my Prusa Mendel. There is one question that I have not yet been able to answer which is what powersupply to get. Today I went into Maplin (I live in the UK). I was looking for a powersupply that was capable of 16 amps as I have a heated bed. The staff there were unable to help me and their was nothing on the box that was very helpful. How can I find a powersupply that is suitable?

Shaun
Re: Power Supply problems
September 03, 2011 06:10PM
HI..

Just use an old ATX power supply from a computer.

Join the green and a black wire from the 20 pin plug, use a yellow and black wire for power, the ATX has heaps of power.

Auzze
September 03, 2011 06:54PM
Any minimum watts the power supply needs to be able to handle? That is what I am worried about
September 03, 2011 10:04PM
Start looking at 400W supplies - but ignore the wattage beyond that. That number is often made up, and anyway, it includes the 3.3/5V rail as well as the 12V we are interested in. Look for 16A on the 12V rail and be wary of multi-rail designs since they may not provide enough power on a single rail.
September 07, 2011 11:34AM
Size of image wrong :

here the link :

http://www.x86-secret.com/img/dossier/alim/guide_2008/advance_eden/advance-01b.jpg
September 08, 2011 03:43PM
Thankyou. My Electronics teacher at school is providing me with one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login