Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap can print this?

Posted by Nyu 
Nyu
Reprap can print this?
May 12, 2012 11:59AM
Hi, I read that RepRap can print .blend files (or blender can export in a RepRap compatible format)

But i'm sure that some things cant be printed, in 3D you can make forms impossible to do on real world (floating things, things that break the laws of phisics, impossible shapes)
1)So can some one test this on the printer:
[www.blendernation.com]

2)This model can standing or it will fall all the time?
3)Can it be printed in real size proportions? (158 cm ) maybe if i print a larger printer on the printer?
4)can i change the density of the plastic to meet the real weight? 42 kg
(Sorry for my english)
5)how long take to print this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2012 12:08PM by Nyu.
Re: Reprap can print this?
May 12, 2012 12:57PM
You will need to export the model to a .stl file. Blender can do that.
You will need to print support structures for this model, skeinforge can create them automatically.
The surfaces in contact to the support structures will not be very clean.
Do not expect perfect surfaces with an fdm printer. I printed a warhammer soldier to see what my printer can do :

The printing time will depend of the vertical resolution and printer speed.

Thanks for the model, I think I will print it on my next printer that I am building right now.

Since you're on Japanese stuff, I have some .pmd files (MikuMikuDance models) that I want to import in Blender, do you know how to proceed ?
Nyu
Re: Reprap can print this?
May 17, 2012 06:06PM
Hi, thanks for the answer

Thanks for the model, I think I will print it on my next printer that I am building right now.
you mean youre printing an 2.0 version of reprap or you will make another printer?

Since you're on Japanese stuff, I have some .pmd files (MikuMikuDance models) that I want to import in Blender, do you know how to proceed ?
Sorry i didnt make the miku model, you have the same doubt than I, if you find a way let me know, if i find, I will help you (if remember since my memory is not very good).

I forgot to ask, how much energy this spend (your soldier or any other test object) i want to know if my light acount will rise much more if I buy one RepRap (since it melt plastic ).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login