Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question to a RepRap Prusa

Posted by philler 
Question to a RepRap Prusa
January 01, 2012 08:03PM
Hello
I have some question for my first 3D printer. Its going to be the RepRap Prusa and i just have some question.
I have all parts together now i just need to order them.
I will order this for hardware, is that the right stuff?
1* GRRF Ramps v1.4
1* Arduino Mega
1* Opto Endstop v2.1 rev1 3er DIY-Kit
4* Pololu A4983 oder A4988
4* Cooler vor Pololu
1* Ramps Cabel
1* Power Connector Kit vor ATX Power supply
1* ATX Power supply
1* USB cabel

Just translated from german to english as good as i can. If that would be the right stuff, what software do i need for my pc? does it cost too?
Re: Question to a RepRap Prusa
January 01, 2012 10:13PM
This looks like most of the electronics. You'll need 3 endstops not just 1. You will also need connectors for connecting everything to the RAMPS board.

There are a couple of software options that do not cost. The one I'm trying to work with is Pronterface ( [github.com]).

There is firmware that will need to be loaded onto the Arduino board. You will need the arduino IDE to do that ( [www.arduino.cc])
January 02, 2012 05:34AM
Thanks for your answer! smiling smiley
Ok, forgot to mention that the endstop is a pack wich contains 3 endstops, and connectors are already on that GRRF Ramps thingy xD
It looks like i have to pay 520€ for a RepRap Prusa, i think thats not the worse price.
Looks llike i will order is today, and already download that software.

Thanks again
January 02, 2012 09:16PM
Mechanical switches are cheaper than optoswitches and people say that they work just as well. You didn't include the printed parts and vitamins (nuts, bolts, washers, springs, belts, pulleys, threaded and smooth rods, bed, hot end, extruder).
January 12, 2012 06:06AM
Is that a general list or just the electronics?

If its electronics you missed the stepper motors (x5), 2 endstops (you need 3 in total) and the cables/connectors for this parts.

If its the general list you missed all of the above as well as printed parts, hardware (all the nuts, bolts, rods, etc), hot end (inc wires + heating element) and print bed(s).

My Reprap blog

jds-reprap.blogspot.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login