Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error codes in sli3er

Posted by gregted 
Error codes in sli3er
May 25, 2012 02:05AM
I am trying to print the parts for a mendel and am getting error codes as follows.

plate function activated
Not an ascii stl solid - attempting to parse as binary
[29, 37, 300]
wrote tempstl/4978.stl
plated: tempstl/4978.stl
Slicing tempstl/4978.stl
Slicing: Slic3r/slic3r.exe $s --load Slic3r/config.ini --output $o
=> Processing input file tempstl/4978.stl

=> Processing triangulated mesh

Use of uninitialized value in negation (-) at C:/3DPRIN~1/printrun/printrun-win-Mar2012-slic3r/dist/Slic3r/lib/std/Slic3r/TriangleMesh.pm line 293.

I have had this error before but just found a similar part on thingiverse and gone with that.

This is not a fault with my printer as I have printed out other parts with no problems. Pics included.

Any ideas?
Attachments:
open | download - mini mendel foot.JPG (327.3 KB)
open | download - Extruder.JPG (293.7 KB)
open | download - Large herringbone gear.JPG (297.9 KB)
Re: Error codes in sli3er
May 25, 2012 04:47AM
What happens if you do a stl repair in Netfabb basic as it could be some mesh feature not quite right in the original file

May 27, 2012 09:52AM
Thanks Nelson,

Netfab fixed them right up.

You might be able to help me with another small problem I am having with my prints.

The quality is great but there is sometimes some webbing on certain parts of my prints that needs cleaning up afterwards.

This doesn't take long and leaves a smooth surface when cleaned up but I was wondering if this can be avoided.

I am using sli3er and pronterface at the mo but would like to try some other programs just for fun.

I have downloaded replicatorg but it won't recognize my printer for some reason where pronterface starts straight up
Attachments:
open | download - webbing on foot.jpg (457.5 KB)
Re: Error codes in sli3er
May 27, 2012 11:11AM
Gregted, it looks to me like you are going too fast thru the turns for the temperature, causing the extruded filament to get stretched into the webbing you see. Try slowing down the perimeters in Slic3r and/or increasing your temperature by 5 degrees at a time. Another thing to consider is to increase the retraction speed (not necessarily the distance) so that you don't get the stringing during non-printing moves from one place to another.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login