Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to run pronter face

Posted by Arnold Lane 
how to run pronter face
November 03, 2011 11:51PM
Hi am trying to get pronterface up and running to control a mendel pursa. As per the README.md for pronterface, it says 'down load and install above' (4 programs) which I have done (but not real sure on how I was to handel last download) it then says to start 'pronterface.py', what and how do I do this, I am slowly becoming more and more computer literate, but it is slow?? Thamks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2011 01:25AM by Arnold Lane.
Re: how to run pronter face
November 04, 2011 03:32AM
If you have Python properly installed then double clicking on pronteface.py will start it.
You can also create a shortcut on your desktop for starting it.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
November 04, 2011 11:52AM
What OS are you using?
November 04, 2011 03:07PM
Hi there,

I am running windows 7, (premium).

I assume pronterface.py is somewhere in the python file, but I cant seem to find it.

Maybe the problem lies in the last program you need to install (pyreadline 1.7).

What do you do with this download, I have unzipped it and saved it my documents, is that right or the wrong tack, as mentioned my computer skills aren't great.

Thanks for your interest.
Certificate Trust List
November 05, 2011 01:56AM
Hi again,

Finally got it going,

computer skills building all the time

Thanks. Arnold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 02:03AM by Arnold Lane.
Re: Certificate Trust List
November 09, 2011 02:15PM
Whay did you do. I have the same problem. What steps did make to make pronterface working.

Frans
skm
October 01, 2012 06:14PM
Arnold, where are you?

I too have this exact problem, so enlighten us, how did you overcome the problem?
October 02, 2012 09:04PM
Alternatively, if you are just looking for a simple option, and are running windows, you could do what i did and download the latest Precompiled version from HERE!

it is also linked to in the windows section of Kliment/Printrun's GitHub page

This gives you a windows executable file, super easy to use.

Also you can do the same thing with Slic3r, they also have a precompiled windows version, all you have to do is put it into the Slicer folder in the Pronterface folder and it will use the latest version!

Hope this helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login