Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibration help square turns to circle.

Posted by 2monte 
Calibration help square turns to circle.
October 24, 2012 09:44AM
Suppose to be like this cube.

The top square is a circle but all other parts are ok. This is my first 3d printer so any help would be apprichated.

Printed on a RepRap Promendel.

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - photo.JPG (501.9 KB)
Re: Calibration help square turns to circle.
October 24, 2012 02:49PM
looks like you're printing the top part (the one that comes out as a "cylinder") way too fast... the plastic does not seem to have time to cool off!
As you can see the bottom part is printing rather ok because the layers are bigger and have more time too cool!

either try printing slower or adding a fan to cool the object while its being printed!
are you printing in ABS or PLA?

oh and something else: looks to me like you're extruding a little bit too much, have you calibrated your extruder steps?
and try increasing the retract a little bit and these weird blobs on the walls will dissappear

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2012 02:52PM by 13asilis.
October 24, 2012 07:08PM
Im printing in PLA. Is there a way to slow down just the top of the print or do I slow the entire print down?
October 24, 2012 08:31PM
you can print the top part slower by slicing the object 2 times with different speeds, then you have to manually edit the gcode ... it's not too hard although I find it quite annoying...
here's a good tutorial for calibrating your extruder and for getting quite good slic3r settings:
[richrap.blogspot.co.at]

that's part 1, in part two at the bottom it's explained how to print the same object at different speeds!
[richrap.blogspot.co.at]

under "Solutions"

good luck
October 24, 2012 08:34PM
Ok I will start reading thanks for all your help
October 24, 2012 11:03PM
You don't need to do this. There's an cool tab in slic3r where you can set the minimum time to print a layer that should work. You may need to set it to more than 30 seconds. With PLA, a fan would help a lot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login