Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

question about z coupler

Posted by fahraynk 
question about z coupler
November 12, 2012 02:13PM
I read somewhere that Im supposed to put tubeing on it. Aquarium tubing... I found at home depot they have pvc tubing. can I u se this ? what size would I have to get in america for my 5mm motor shaft to fit in the iteration 2 couplers nicely ?
Re: question about z coupler
November 12, 2012 03:25PM
It's suggested you use 5mm plastic tubing, the kind used in aqariums. Bike inner tube also works though.

I bought 5 meters of the stuff, if you cover me on shipping costs I can send you some.

--

Charles S.
Software Engineer
Prusa Mendel I2, RAMPS 1.4, Marlin 1.0 R2, Pronterface, Slic3r
November 12, 2012 10:15PM
I used a couple layers of heat shrink tubing. I used a heat gun to shrunk to a tight fit, and it worked just fine.
November 13, 2012 01:33AM
0.197 inches is 5mm

November 13, 2012 02:17PM
I happened to have tubing left over when I installed a toilet, there is a PVC hose used to route water from the filler nozzle directly into the overflow tube, called a fill tube. Fit nice and snug. If you're having trouble describing your application to the guy at the hardware store, say it's for that and they'll lead you right to it. smiling smiley
November 14, 2012 03:06PM
ah i went looking for pvc tube but the smallest diameter one they had was quarter inch. Also I have heat shrink I can try that but I thought maybe it wouldnt be reliable because its flexible right ? hmm... Do you all reccomend trying heat shrink ? Otherwise ill take one of you up on your offer to mail me the tube (Or if you know a place I can buy it direct )

also... isnt bike inner tube really much thicker then 5 mm ?
November 14, 2012 05:02PM
A few layers of heat shrink will do the job, although I'd be more inclined to avoid the whole thing and use a real coupler.

And no, the material used to make a bike inner tube is about 1mm thick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2012 05:03PM by xiando.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login