Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

y axis rumbling when doing a print.

Posted by aduy 
y axis rumbling when doing a print.
March 05, 2013 01:44AM
the y axis on my prusa has started rumbling recently whenever i do a print. it moves effortlessly when the motor is turned off, but as soon as i try to print something the whole machine starts vibrating. im using 16x microstepping and everything, and my motor is a 4.2kg/cm nema 17. im not sure why its doing this but its terribly frustrating. also ive tried swapping out the stepper drivers but the same error occured, i also checked the wiring of the motor and it is correct. never had this problem before, just popped up randomly.
Re: y axis rumbling when doing a print.
March 05, 2013 05:23AM
Does it do it when you just run the bed back and forth in the host s/w?
March 05, 2013 08:23AM
hi,
A lose connector give me similar issue
March 05, 2013 10:05AM
it only does it when going slow, like when i print at around 20-30mm/s, and never when using the host s/w. ive checked all the connections, and the little 4 pin molex connectors do suck because they keep coming undone. i think im going to get some screw terminals to use instead, like the ones used on the heated bed, since it has a more secure connection.
March 05, 2013 02:52PM
Sounds like it could be the low-current microstepping problem, nophead has info on that on his blog.
March 05, 2013 08:55PM
ah i will give this a go thanks bobc and nophead [hydraraptor.blogspot.co.uk]

just to be clear i should short the one circled in the picture correct nophead? also my motor is only .5 amps so that means only 44mA, so twice as bad as the one nophead had. #nophead +nophead

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2013 09:11PM by aduy.
Attachments:
open | download - a4988 mod.jpg (78.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login