Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spare Part? grinning smiley

Posted by psilva 
Spare Part? grinning smiley
April 13, 2013 04:31PM
Hi guys,

When I was cleaning up, I found this part that came with the RepRapProd Mendel kit from RepRap.com.

The build is finished so, is this something optional?

Does anybody can tell were this goes?

Thanks.

Pedro
Attachments:
open | download - 2013-04-13 20.41.38.jpg (484.2 KB)
open | download - 2013-04-13 20.41.56.jpg (521.2 KB)
open | download - 2013-04-13 20.42.10.jpg (529.5 KB)
Re: Spare Part? grinning smiley
April 16, 2013 06:48PM
I don't think it's off the RepRap! smiling smiley
April 17, 2013 05:28AM
Thanks ... I've looked at the building manual and I could not find it mentioned anywhere, so I suspected that it was somehow inserted on the bag by mistake, but I wanted to be sure.

Regards,

Pedro.
April 23, 2013 03:23PM
I've built 2 mendels from RepRapPro bought in their christmas offer and I now have 2 of these bits smiling smiley

No idea what it is.

Ben
April 23, 2013 03:33PM
it looks like a PCB holder of somekind

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
April 23, 2013 05:02PM
Can anybody from reprappro.com be kind enough to enlighten us?
April 23, 2013 08:37PM
hmmm r the guys from reprappro related to this site? they do look like similar logos though?

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
April 23, 2013 10:05PM
redreprap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hmmm r the guys from reprappro related to this
> site? they do look like similar logos though?

RepRapPro is run by Adrian Bowyer, the founder of the RepRap project.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
April 23, 2013 11:51PM
...and the man that deserves a Knighthood!
VDX
April 24, 2013 01:50AM
... I think, it's mainly run by Sally, his daughter ... Adrian is one of the 'shareholders' and helps out if needed winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 24, 2013 07:31PM
@VDX: Adrian is still very much involved with reprappro - he wrote the firmware for the Tricolour, prints parts, trouble shoots problems, writes slicing software, develops new firmware that is platform agnostic, does lots of R&D, spreads the word about reprap generally...

The spare part is this one [github.com]

It was intended to be used to mount a small PCB on the x-carriage of what is known as the 'Legacy' Mendel, which I think would have provided power distribution to multiple hot ends. However, this wasn't implemented, instead a second Melzi is needed to provide control of the extra extrudes and hot ends. So don't worry about it, it's an extra!
April 25, 2013 02:50PM
Awesome thanks for the reply I figured it must have not been required as it wasn't mentioned in the build instructions at all and I got one with each printer kit.

Ben
April 26, 2013 07:01AM
Thanks droftarts.

Very useful information and enlightening information.

Regards,

Pedro.

droftarts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @VDX: Adrian is still very much involved with
> reprappro - he wrote the firmware for the
> Tricolour, prints parts, trouble shoots problems,
> writes slicing software, develops new firmware
> that is platform agnostic, does lots of R&D,
> spreads the word about reprap generally...
>
> The spare part is this one
> [github.com]
> e519631bb599f68b0ab0334c9bf6f23/Print-mendel/Indiv
> idual-STLs/hot-end-pcb-bracket-1off.stl
>
> It was intended to be used to mount a small PCB on
> the x-carriage of what is known as the 'Legacy'
> Mendel, which I think would have provided power
> distribution to multiple hot ends. However, this
> wasn't implemented, instead a second Melzi is
> needed to provide control of the extra extrudes
> and hot ends. So don't worry about it, it's an
> extra!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login