Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Still no movement

Posted by FLBOTS 
Still no movement
May 31, 2013 11:24AM
Here is the rundown...
The machine worked a few weeks ago and now it does not.
Since then the motherboard and the power supply have been replaced.
I have tried several versions of the firmware with temp checks commented out.
I have ran the motor test code 1.4 that every one is talking about the board flashes and then there is no movement.
The printer connects to pronterface and the machine thinks it is printing.
When I ask it to move 10mm or home it thinks it moved. it gives me new xyz
When I send M119 it says all end stops are "open"
With the machine off I unplugged each motor and plugged in an LED to the ends of the wires, moved the motors manually and they all light up. meaning the wiring from the motor to the board is good right?
I cannot feel a difference in resistance if the machine is on and "printing" or if it is off. Should I be able to tell a difference whit these little steppers?
I checked the pin configuration and that seems to be correct for Motherboard 301.

Please help. What else can I check and how can I check it?

Thank you!
Re: Still no movement
June 03, 2013 04:30PM
hey flbots - looks like this came from another thread so not sure what you are running? On the Mendel you can definately tell the difference between motors on and off. When off they move easily, when on they are practically locked and give considerable resistance - in fact the belt probably slips first so not recommended. Hope that little bit helps.
June 04, 2013 04:22PM
Hi Spezzer,
Thanks for the response, we're running Marlin firmware on a rambo board.

We've tested our power through the board with a multimeter, and everything is working, and we can get some response by connecting a battery to each of the motors so it doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with the motors themselves. We just get no response at all from any of the motors, even when running the same code and the same firmware that we were running previously.

What could cause the motors to not engage at all like this? Ideas?

Thanks

FLBOTS
June 04, 2013 05:29PM
It is a tricky one - does your board have potentiometers for adjusting the power to the motors? This link explains how to set them for the Mendel/Melzi. When I took delivery mine were set to zero and had to turn them up until got the correct reading on the meter. I appreciate it was working but could it have been 'adjusted'?
June 05, 2013 12:04PM
what firmware are you using?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login