Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tricolour slave thermistor

Posted by Andy H 
tricolour slave thermistor
July 19, 2013 09:25AM
Hi All.

New user here - I’ve just finished my first ever build (the Tricolour mendel bought from repreppro), it mostly went well except during a dizzy spell (I get them occasionally) I accidentally ripped the usb connector and some tracks off the motherboard - oops - anyway I had a spare bit it of USB wire with plug, so I soldered the wires directly onto board and it worked and printed fine (better than I expected actually).

Following the instruction I then fitted the slave board which is causing a problem, when in usb mode on the slave it gives good temperature reading (around 21 degrees for each hot end), however when connected to the master, pronteface reports T0 as correct around 21/-273 but T1 and T2 as both -387/-273, which seemed odd as I would have thought an open or short would only be -273/-273, the slave board is recognised ok my pronteface, and following reprap instructions I tried an M301, which shows all three headers as M301 H(1 2 and 3) P12.00 I2.20 D80 W125.00, (they say if H2 or H3 is -273/-273 then its wrong) note - I’m new to all this so not sure what all this means

Is there anything obvious which would cause pronteface to report -387, I’ve triple checked the wiring and all the resistance readings seem fine, and as I say with the usb directly on the slave the temp readings are correct

Not a huge problem as I mainly wanted a multi-colour printer for different coloured support material like supporting petals of an open flower just to make it easier for me to tell which bits need to be cut off, so I can get by ok without the slave.

any ideas.

edit - just checked and as its pretty warm weather today the temps are T0 26.2, T1 -365, T2 -365 so it seems temp are changing - end edit

Thanks - - - Andy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2013 09:37AM by Andy H.
Re: tricolour slave thermistor
July 21, 2013 11:52AM
Hi Andy

Have a look at the troubleshooting section of the RepRapPro instructions, here: reprappro.com/documentation/RepRapPro_Tricolour_troubleshooting#Multimaterial_master.2Fslave_communication_problems

You can check the slave is reporting the temperatures correctly by connecting directly to it (number 6 of the above link).

Make sure the master is on the latest firmware, v1.0.7. Update instructions: [reprappro.com]

If you update the firmware, run the reset gcode: reprappro.com/documentation/RepRapPro_Tricolour_troubleshooting#Multimaterial_master.2Fslave_communication_problems

If you're still having problems, email support at reprappro dot com, as I don't check the forums that often!

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
July 21, 2013 08:13PM
Many thanks Ian.

I'll give your suggestions a try.

Andy
August 20, 2013 10:28PM
Hi Andy,

Did you find any solution to the problem you describe? I'm kind of having the same issues here.

Thanks
Felipe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login