Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New makerbots? 5th gen?

Posted by nechaus 
New makerbots? 5th gen?
February 01, 2014 10:07PM
[www.makerbot.com]

check it out, on board camera, Auto stop when filament runs out... some pretty cool features with astronomical prices

[store.makerbot.com] temp controlled chamber

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2014 10:08PM by nechaus.
Re: New makerbots? 5th gen?
February 02, 2014 04:01AM
Yip, they have been trolling the reprap forums stealing all the new ideas again.
February 02, 2014 05:38AM
Hbot motion, and i have good experience to say that for that price its not the best system. Corexy or ultimaker type should be a better choice.

Waiting to see result after 1000hours of printing....( hope for them they have very good linear bearing...)
February 02, 2014 10:24AM
So I am guessing that they are not Open Source designs and Makerbot are quietly leaving that world behind them. Their market is no longer makers but the "prosumer" who doesn't care one way or the other, so not a problem for Makerbot.

OSHW was clearly a stepping stone on the way to personal riches. There does seem to be a limit on how big an OSHW can become before Big Money comes in the front door and principles go out of the window. At least I don't feel so bad now about the Chinese Makerbot clones, they can have fun suing each other without needing community support smiling smiley

I wonder, which Open Source printer company is next?

What is Open Source?
What is Open Source Hardware?
Open Source in a nutshell: the Four Freedoms
CC BY-NC is not an Open Source license
February 02, 2014 07:47PM
They are gearing up ready to battle HP and CANNON when they come to the market smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login