Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibrating Stepper Drivers (music drivers?)

Posted by MrDoctorDIV 
Calibrating Stepper Drivers (music drivers?)
April 07, 2014 01:48PM
So I got around to a temporary attaching of my hot end to get my electronics to function. When I first attempted to move the motors I got nothing. So I tried the G-Code path, set a slow feed rate and gave it coordinates. It immediately made a song using my motors as instruments, but with absolutely no movement. So I killed all power frantically and took a few breaths. After some digging I found articles on calibrating voltage on the drivers. But! After screwing those drivers in every which direction the only reading I could get on my DMM was .001V. I even tested one I had not plugged in or changed yet. So I'm either reading it a wrong way or all five are equally dead or my motors are not compatible? Even on my old solidoodle drivers I got the same readings and I know those work. What do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2014 01:51PM by MrDoctorDIV.
Re: Calibrating Stepper Drivers (music drivers?)
April 07, 2014 07:30PM
Did you verify that your meter is working by checking the 5V and 12V power supply lines?????
April 07, 2014 07:38PM
Apparently not! Or I'm using it wrong. Kinda like an engineer having trouble with a projector..
Attachments:
open | download - V~.gif (572.8 KB)
open | download - Battery.gif (556.6 KB)
April 08, 2014 05:22AM
Looks like you have the "AC" button pushed in?

April 08, 2014 05:48AM
waitaki
Looks like you have the "AC" button pushed in?

I was just about to post the same thing, and it would most certainly cause zero readings with a DC input.....
April 08, 2014 11:14AM
Also, never take measurements with your fingers on both contacts... You are a conductor, and you will get inaccurate readings. You also have voltage, which will throw off those readings as well.
April 08, 2014 01:17PM
I've had it pushed down and up, neither give readings; in these photos I explicity remember making sure it was not pressed. Also, that was just for display, for real readings I never touch the contacts. Amps does not work either.
The most successful reading I have had is having it on Voltage [AC] and just touch the negative contact- the only thing to give me a reading on the board.
I've tuned my sub amp with it, I know it worked at one point.
April 08, 2014 07:05PM
What does the "H" button on the top right do? Hold? How about the "non contact voltage" stuff?

Also, the input says that it is fused. Have you verified the fuse is intact?????
April 08, 2014 07:53PM
Yes, "H" holds the current reading on the display. I haven't quite figured out the non-contact voltage yet.
I've tried both fused and unfused ports, no difference.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login