Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB Device Not Recognized after unplugging??

Posted by Istale 
USB Device Not Recognized after unplugging??
April 08, 2014 01:18PM
I got my i3 built, and I was able to connect to pronterface once last night and once this morning. The motors would only move in the direction away from the end stops so I read that means the motor directions need changed. I switched the wires around on the board.

But unfortunately when I go to reconnect the arduino, my computer says "Device Not Recognized?" Even though I've successfully connected it 5 minutes prior?

I have tried manually installing the FTDI Drivers and then I get a Code 10 error in Device Manager saying that there is a problem with the Serial Bus Converter and then the unkown device goes away. Tried restarting computer and unplugging, hitting reset button, etc..

This has happened twice, once last night and once today. However last night I just went to bed and when I woke up it was recognized the first time I plugged it in.

No idea what is going on...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2014 01:20PM by Istale.
Re: USB Device Not Recognized after unplugging??
April 09, 2014 06:29AM
Istale
I got my i3 built, and I was able to connect to pronterface once last night and once this morning. The motors would only move in the direction away from the end stops so I read that means the motor directions need changed. I switched the wires around on the board.
What are the motors doing now? Usually when motors only move away from an endstop it's because the firmware thinks the endstops are still activated.

April 09, 2014 04:11PM
If I shut down Repetier first before unplugging the USB lead there isn't a problem.

If I just pull out the USB lead when Repetier is running, I get "USB device not recognised" when I plug it in again.
April 10, 2014 05:25PM
dave3d
If I shut down Repetier first before unplugging the USB lead there isn't a problem.

If I just pull out the USB lead when Repetier is running, I get "USB device not recognised" when I plug it in again.

I think it was a combination of this type of thing and along with what waitaki said- my end stops were triggered. Just had to switch them in the firmware.

I adjusted the firmware the best I could, the y-axis works perfectly while the x kind works sporadically, and the z not at all. I think the POTs still need fine tuned and then I think the threaded rod is binding a little with the plastic x-idler end. I'll try trimming it a little and then try adjusting the POTs again and see where that gets me.

It was just so confusing at first with everything having the same wiring and only one axis working perfectly. Getting there, slowly...
April 11, 2014 09:59AM
I'm guessing you are using Win7? A lot of devices seem to go south when you just yank them, you likely do need to somehow end whatever process is using the device to avoid the problem. I have like 12 things plugged in, and they seem to die at odd times...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login