Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Amazon's 3D Printing Store

Posted by appdev007 
Amazon's 3D Printing Store
July 29, 2014 06:06PM
Amazon and Mixee Labs have partnered to bring the world the Amazon 3D Printing Store.

I'm not posting an avert! I'm posting because I came here to see if the community was discussing it and didn't see it. I don't want to poison the well, so someone else start...
Re: Amazon's 3D Printing Store
July 30, 2014 05:11PM
I would imagine it would be on par with Shapeways or Office Depot (?), though hopefully the added competition from Amazon will bring the prices down somewhat. They always seemed really high to me.
July 30, 2014 08:06PM
I hope so too. My electronics went down and I needed a part printed something bad. That combined with the fact that my printer was having a hard time with the part anyway gave me the idead to go checkout shapeway. They wanted 50 USD for the print!!! For that price I decided I would instead spend that amount on a new roll of plastic from ulti, wait for my new controller to come in, and keep tweeking my printer until I can finally print it.

Kurzaa
I would imagine it would be on par with Shapeways or Office Depot (?), though hopefully the added competition from Amazon will bring the prices down somewhat. They always seemed really high to me.
July 30, 2014 08:49PM
Have you checked out makexyz.com to see if there's anyone listed near you that can print replacement parts?????
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login