Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z Axis questions

Posted by str8clay 
Z Axis questions
August 07, 2014 10:53PM
I bought a pre-assembled printer that arrived yesterday, I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

The nuts on my Z Axis rods move outside of the brackets when I move the Z axis back to home. They have even fallen off of the rod at the end of the move.

Would it be a bad idea to glue the nuts into place in the bracket? It appears to me that I wouldn't want those nuts to move without the bracket.
Re: Z Axis questions
August 08, 2014 12:35AM
What printer is it - upload a pic if you're not sure. If the Z axis binds then this could happen but I cannot see how the nuts could completely unscrew.

August 08, 2014 10:04AM
[i1280.photobucket.com]

I couldn't make a picture small enough to post here, so I created a photobucket account for it. It looks like a Prusa Mendel, but it's called an ecksbot on the packing slip.
Re: Z Axis questions
August 08, 2014 12:03PM
There is supposed to be a spring under the top nut.

Assembling: top nut, spring, x-end, nut.

When you push the x-end up against the spring you are putting tension against it. Tighten the bottom nut against the bottom of the x-end. Allow the x-end to slide over the bottom nut. The spring tension inside the top will keep the x-end in relative position and the nuts will stay inside their housings.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login