Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-axis moving to fast after homing

Posted by Archelon 
Z-axis moving to fast after homing
August 11, 2014 08:19AM
Hey 3D printer folks!

A quick question I haven't been able to solve myself, I got a prusa i3 with marlin firmware. When I'm starting to print something, obviously, all the axis home. BUT when the Z-axis has homed itself it moves up a centimeter or two, way to fast so the printer makes a high pitched sound. Then when the hot end and bed is at the right temperatures it moves down really fast and starts printing. Everything works fine but I would like to lower the speed of the Z-axis when it goes up and down before printing. Where can I change that in the code?

thank you very much guys!
Re: Z-axis moving to fast after homing
August 11, 2014 04:25PM
Check DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE - third value is Z axis. Also check HOMING_FEEDRATE - again, third value is Z axis. Note that DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE is in mm/sec while, oddly, HOMING_FEEDRATE is in mm/min.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
Re: Z-axis moving to fast after homing
August 12, 2014 05:27AM
3dkarma
Check DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE - third value is Z axis. Also check HOMING_FEEDRATE - again, third value is Z axis. Note that DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE is in mm/sec while, oddly, HOMING_FEEDRATE is in mm/min.
Thanks man, I'll check that later smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login