Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Source for thermistor heat shrink tubing

Posted by mk3a 
Source for thermistor heat shrink tubing
September 01, 2014 08:57PM
Looking for a U.S. source for heat shrink tubing of appropriate size for thermistors. I've had problems with thermistors on my printer kit and so I bought a bag of extra ones but the ends are not covered. I can't seem to find anything with that small of a diameter.

Secondly, what's the best way to connect the thermistor pins to the wires which go to RAMPS (solder, crimp connectors, something else, etc.)? If a special connector, where would I buy those?

Thirdly, I need a good source for high quality hot ends. I've learned the one in my printer kit is a cheap knock off and I eventually want to replace it...maybe soon if I can't get the thing working.

Finally, the thermistors I bought are RioRand 100K thermistors. Does it matter what thermistor number I select in Marlin firmware so long as I pick one that says 100k?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2014 08:58PM by mk3a.
Re: Source for thermistor heat shrink tubing
September 02, 2014 05:02PM
Something like this PTFE heat shrink (amazon.com) will probably do you (ID .046").

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
September 02, 2014 05:39PM
Are you sure? I already tried purchasing some from Amazon with a smaller diameter of 0.036" and it was way too big and very inflexible after shrinking.

I think 0.02" is probably the largest that would work for a shrink ratio of 2:1 because the pin diameter on a thermistor is close to 0.01".
September 02, 2014 08:22PM
E3D hotend is one of the best available right now. The E3D v6 is available stateside from Filastruder and Maker's Tool Works.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login