Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rounded column

Posted by rich1812 
Rounded column
January 14, 2015 01:41PM
Hello,

I found that the most difficult shape to print is something such as a pipe or column. For example, in this very short video, [mobwebplanet.com], I am trying to print a straight up rounded column, however the nozzle keeps digging too deep into the column. Any suggestion in how to avoid this from happening? in my slic3r1.1.7, Printer Settings, the retraction settings Length was set to 0, and Lift Z was 2. I have tried other values but it still does the same thing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Rounded column
January 14, 2015 01:48PM
Have you properly calibrated your extruder? Have you set the correct filament size?

That looks like it's extruding too much material. Alternately, if could be your Z axis missing steps, but that looks like it's way too early for that to be this much of a problem.
January 15, 2015 04:16PM
I agree with the above.

Also, here is also a link for calibrating flow rate.
You should print some basic unfilled rectangles and check the dimensions.

The part is also overheated. Not sure what kind of filament you are using or the temps. You may need to lower the temp/add a fan, and with such small parts print more than one so it doesn't overheat.
Hope that helps.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
January 16, 2015 03:13PM
Is your machine properly calibrated? I would suspect that the z-axis step/mm value is off just as much as it could be over-extruding. If all 4 axes (X,Y,Z,E) are properly calibrated, have you checked the voltage of your stepper drivers with a volt meter? Is your z-axis driver smoking hot? It could be missing z-steps just as SupraGuy suggests. Triffid Hunter's Guide is an excellent resource, with calibration objects to print along the way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login